Sunday, January 20, 2008

January Is Settling Down

Well after a rocky end to the year January has been settling quite nicely for myself but not so much for a couple of friends of mine. Their year has really gotten off to a horrible start with legal and medical issues. But I have decided this year is going to be the year that I stabilize my life in ALL aspects, socially, professionally, and make my plans for my future.
I have been doing lots of reading and working which is paying off HUGE!!...I have my sales people working harder and making more sales. I am still waiting for the FCC to grant my construction permit for my station in Michigan. Like any government branch they move at the speed of syrup!! Oh unless you owe them money then they move at warp speed!! I am also looking at two more stations in Texas.
I am sure surprized that there is next to nothing for women business organizations that are more geared for coaching or networking. Most are just geared for what I call copping out! I mean that stuff of balancing home, kids, keep your man happy...ggeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz I don't want that stuff! To me that is just keeping women afraid and complaisant. You can't be ambitious and be a woman. I SAY BULLS**T TO THAT!!!!!!!!!!
I put my life on hold years ago for my kids and husband and what did it get me? My husband cheated on me with the local bar fly and so we divorced and then I had to raise my sons alone. They all now spend more time getting into trouble than anything else.
So my advise to any women reading this DO NOT put your ambitions on hold!!!

No comments: